ProActive’s registered massage therapists in Edmonton provide natural pain relief for more than 30 ailments.
What can Massage Therapy do?
Our registered massage therapists in Edmonton offer a treatment program that when properly subscribed can have enormous benefits for the patient. When conducted as an adjunct treatment to physiotherapy, acupuncture, etc., it can have increased benefits for patient wellness. Increasing numbers of studies and research reports indicate that massage therapy has been shown to raise endorphin levels in the body – which enhances rehabilitation, increases the blood circulation and lymphatic flow, helps with muscle relaxation, and improves range of motion. The registered massage therapists in Edmonton at ProActive Physiotherapy can help to stimulate weak and inactive muscles, which can lead to a faster and more complete recovery.
A Treatment for Many Symptoms
If you suffer from any of the following, you may benefit from a therapeutic massage therapy:
- Back pain
- Pre and post surgical rehabilitation
- Circulatory problems
- Chronically fatigued muscles
- Referred pain such as, “When my back and neck are tense, I get head aches.”
- Chronic muscle and joint pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome – repetitive strain injuries
- ACL ligament tear or ACL surgery repair
- Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction – TMJ
- Shoulder pain
- Whiplash – Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA)
Physical Benefits of Therapeutic Massage
- Helps reduce stress and promote relaxation
- Provides increased joint flexibility and range of motion
- Helps to alleviate muscle tension and stiffness
- Increases blood circulation and promotes movement of lymphatic fluids
- Promotes healing of overworked and strained muscles, sprained ligaments
- Reduces excess pain and swelling
- Reduces formation of scar tissue and breaks down existing scar tissue
- Reduces muscle spams
- Reduces blood pressure
- Enhances athletic performance
- Enhances pre- and post-operative recovery
- Improves posture
- Enhances deeper and easier breathing
- Enhances overall well being
Your Massage Therapy Questions Answered:
Does massage therapy hurt?
For the most part massages are quite relaxing, but there are times, or procedures, where you may feel a little discomfort. For example, breaking up scar tissue requires the application of pressure. However, at no point should the massage cause you to feel unduly distressed, and our registered massage therapists in Edmonton are known for delivering beneficial treatments with minimal discomfort. If at any time you feel pain during your massage, simply let your therapist know.
Do I have to take my clothes off for a massage?
Massage therapy works best as a skin-to-skin treatment. Undergarments may be left on; ladies should consider removing their bras if the back is being worked on. Our registered massage therapists in Edmonton are professionals in every aspect – at no point should you feel uncomfortable with your treatment. If you are feeling shy or wish to remain more covered up for personal or cultural reasons, please discuss this with your therapist beforehand. We do everything we can to ensure your comfort.
What’s the difference between therapeutic massage and sports massage?
Therapeutic massage reduces pain, breaks up knots in muscles, and increases movement/range of motion. Sports massage directly targets the muscles needed by the athlete for their sport of choice, and manipulates those muscles to promote better, stronger, and faster performance.
Can I direct bill my massage?
Yes. ProActive direct bills your insurance company.
How do I get the best therapeutic massage services in Edmonton?
Referrals are not necessary to get some of the highest rated massage therapy services in Edmonton. You can book an appointment directly whether you need therapeutic massage for chronic back pain, to treat whiplash, or for any other reason. Call our clinic or book through our website. We look forward to enhancing your wellness and being part of your holistic journey.